Prices, tariffs, functions and service capabilities
From July 15, Spotify will appear in Ukraine, the company said on its official website. The application has already become available for Ukrainian users in the AppStore — previously it could be downloaded from Ukraine only in the shadow way, via VPN. From today, Ukrainians will have access to 50 million tracks and 4 billion playlists.
In addition to Ukraine, 12 other countries have joined the Spotify network: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Russia, Serbia and Slovenia. The service is now available in 92 markets.
With these new markets, Spotify plans to almost double its user base from 286 million to 536 million. The premium version of Spotify is currently used by 130 million.
How much will it cost
Ukrainians can use the service for free or buy a Premium subscription.
The cost of Premium is $4.99 per month, its purchase opens access to the full package of services.
Premium DUO for two will cost $6.49, and the “student” package $2.49 per month.
Ukrainians can also buy the Premium family package for $7.99 a month. Up to 6 people will be able to connect to it.
What the user gets in the Premium package
The free version of Spotify gives access to over 5 million tracks. Premium provides users with advanced services:
– the best sound quality (320 kbps);
– the ability to download tracks to your smartphone;
– no restrictions on the composition and sequence of tracks;
– no advertising.
– The basic version will be free, but users will have to watch the ads. There will be no advertising in the premium version.
– Ukrainians will be able to integrate Spotify with Instagram, Facebook, Samsung, Android TV and Google Maps.
– The service will also create playlists specifically for Ukrainian users, including Top Hits Ukraine, and personal music recommendations for geolocation.
– Ukrainians get access to the Spotify for Artists platform.